Friday, February 18, 2011

Sick again; it's starting to look like my sophomore year again.

Let's just say I have had the worst month of my life.  I ended up going into an emergency clinic tuesday night to find out that I have strep throat for the second time in 3 weeks.  It came back worse than ever and left me contagious.  I haven't gotten much practice in, but I do what I can.  So much for getting my tonsils taken out.  It hasn't done me much good.  In fact, I've been getting worse throat infections ever since.  Maybe I should have kept them?  My music this semester is quite difficult and I'm trying to come up with ways that will make it easier to memorize the words and notes.  Jazz dans luit is an upper level piece, and I'm scared I may not get it done.  I do have doubts, but I also have confidence.  Every day I tell myself I'm going to be great.  It helps to a point.  Recordings on iTunes have helped me greatly.  I'm not the best piano player either so it's difficult to practice sometimes.  I'm thinking about having Mr. Phil make me a recording of my music.  There's something about the actual accompaniment from his piano.  It's so different when he plays than when I''m listening to the recording.  I can't believe it's the middle of February already.  This semester is going entirely too fast already.  I'm ready to be done with school, but I don't want it to go this fast.  That's why I'm going to make the most of it. 

1 comment:

  1. MYLANTA! How have you been feeling? Don't feel regrets about the tonsils...you probably would have continued to get even worse. They don't serve much of a purpose besides harboring harmful infections.
    I know the music is WAY more difficult--if you don't get the Roussel finished, no worries. It will be a work in progress. I feel that it is a piece that will reveal much of the work you have done up to this point--technically and musically. Keep listening. Every single day.
    I think it is an excellent idea to have Mr. Phil record your music. Have you thought of emailing him a recording of your song? I am guessing he most likely has not accompanied this piece before and would appreciate some sort of example for a frame of reference. Just a thought.
    YES this semester is flying by---I am going to miss you so much next semester. It makes me SO sad to think about not seeing your smiling face on a regular basis! Keep me posted on your health, my dear. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete