Friday, February 11, 2011

Still not used to this whole blogging thing.... Sorry!

This last week was a bit rough for me.  It seems I came down with a little case of the flu Wednesday morning on top of the sore throat I had gotten two days earlier.  Let's just say it wasn't my best week for practice.  We went through my languages in my voice lesson and made some progress on Jazz dans la nuit.  It's the most amazing song and I am ready to take on the challenges that it presents to me.  I've found recordings of each of my songs and listen to them daily which helps when I'm not able to sing to my full potential.  My life is great right now and it's all because I have support from Dr. Hepworth, Joey, and my family.  I will admit though, I am worn out from last semester and have begun to slack on my part this semester.  I am, however, staying on track and making sure that things are done in a timely matter.  Any suggestions on keeping healthy?  Send them my way.  I have a feeling it may be a long semester of colds for me. 

P.S.  Sorry this is late!  I totally forgot about the blog.  I'm just not used to doing it, beings it's new and all. 

S

1 comment:

  1. You are too much:-) I am really excited for the Jazz dans la nuit! You were born to sing that song, for sure!
    I am so glad you are getting the support you deserve. You truly have a gift, Shana. I saw it in you when you were the quiet sophomore I worked with the first week at WSC.
    A moment of slacking is ok---just as long as it doesn't turn into a semester of slacking. So....cut yourself some slack! HA!
    Healthy? Sleep is the #1 preventative measure for sickness. Get a sinus rinse aid to keep your nasal passages clear and healthy---use it only at night so your system has time to re-build the healthy bacteria in your sinuses. Think of it this way: if you maintain your system, you will never need to take measures to "fix" a cold. Also, take a B12 complex---it helps in general with our health and stress. I always feel better when I am consistently taking a multivitamin high in B12.
    Have a lovely weekend--keep up the fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete