Friday, April 8, 2011

I'm exhausted.....

There's five weeks of school left so we are in the home stretch, but it feels like it's so far away!!!  I'm getting really exhausted being so busy with everything.  I can do this.   I can do this....... I can do this!!!!  I'm learning things about my voice that I never knew that I could do.  I improve everyday and I can tell!  It's a great feeling to know that I've come so far from my freshman year.  I've been working on my french piece for our concert on Thursday.  I ended up changing the song halfway through this week, but I'm sure that I can be totally prepared with it.  I'm really excited to sing French now that I'm not scared of it anymore!!!  I just have to remember to keep my throat and mouth open as much as possible.  I'm working on it, but it still feels weird.   Sleep is most important to me right now so that I don't get sick again.  Everyone around me is sick including family members, peers, and faculty.  I just have to make it another five weeks!  I can do this and I am great. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! I am glad you are working on the open mouth/throat concept. Technically, it is "singing with pharyngeal space." It will feel weird, but when you get used to it, you will never want to turn back. It is like the first time you began singing with the buzz! This way of singing will really make the transition through your passaggio much easier and a more consistent sound. Keep up the AMAZING work!

    ReplyDelete